The night at Hard Rock

Despite the whole confusion regarding flying back, I had an eventful night at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was the first 'Live Band Nite' on thursday. The queerest thing (queer in its purest sense) was that GS called me up and informed about this. Now, that's quite strange. And quite nice of her. But I don't think she knows that I indirectly hate her for stealing most of Xander from me and the band.

A band called Something Relevant were playing. They are an 8 or nine piece band with a Sax, bongos and keyboards. The best part was that they covered the three most popular songs of Dave Matthews Band - Ant's Marching, What Would You Say and Everyday. I thoroughly enjoyed the session while sipping beer on an empty stomach.

During the event I met three important persons in the Mumbai Rock scene. Megh, the guitarist from probably India's biggest alternative rock band, seemed like a very very nice guy. I had a prolonged chat with the manager of 13 rock bands in India. When I told him about our band, he seemed to very interested and gave me his visiting card. The coolest thing was that he used to front a band which covered Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots. I also met the bassist of India's biggerst metal band and asked him for tips on advice.

Altogether, the evening was eventful. At the end of it all, I was sad to realize that I'll be missing all the fun of live bands on Thursday as my emergency on Thursdays.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...