My first ever 'straight' date

This is going to be one post worth cherishing all of my life. A totally gay guy who has only gone on dates/one-night-stands with men goes to a straight date. Don't fall of your seat! I am not turning straight. I'll explain the situation. Calm down!

I was offered by one of my seniors a couple (straight couple of course) passes to a disco at a plush 5 star hotel in an up-market part of the city. He was offered this from a dealer of Smirnoff Vodka on the occassion of the release of it's 'Green Apple Twist' flavour. I immediately called Sandy, Xander's colleague, and my good friend now.

After finishing my work quickly, I travel in a crowded suburban train. In the train, it dawns on me that my undersized, though well-fitting tee and the jeans that I wear might not be the clothes that you are supposed to wear to a disco for a date. When I meet Sandy in front of the enormous gate of the hotel, I am glad that she's wearing a sweater that's not so tight as to make her breast look humungous. I was very relieved to find that she also seemed under-dressed for the occassion.

We holded hands for a brief period of 2.3 seconds until I realized that I was extremely uncomfortable. After that, through out the date, we didn't even touch each other. The disco was not as cool as I thought it would be; it too seemed under-dressed for the occassion! We ordered for a couple of vodkas and started talking about a lot of different things. I was constantly looking at the crowd and checking out the page-3 crowd and their dressing styles. There were a couple of extremely hot looking power-daddies 'chilling' out with women about 30 years younger.

Apart from the various things we discussed, a couple of topics are worth mentioning. I was almost shocked to hear that Sandy was going to a gym regularly for a few weeks now. That sort of hit me a like a slap on my face. Why wasn't a skinny gay guy going to a gym when his straight girl-friend was? I discovered over my fourth, and her second vodka, that Sandy was a voracious reader. That also inspired me. At around 12 midnite, we decided to call of our unheralded first date.

On my way, I realize that suddenly Sandy had become on of my closest friends and inspirer. Thanks Sandy!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...