My parents

A week before, my sister rang me up and said that my Dad was running fever and was confined to bed. I didn't really bother too much as usual. Yesterday, my father gave me a call and informed me that while he was recovering, though slowly, my Mom had also fallen asleep. My father sounded very depressing. I was finally shaken from my slumber. I didn't know exactly how serious the condition was.

I sent my uncle and Chuck on separate trails to track what the exact situation was like. I got positive reports from both. Both weren't as grave as they sounded over the phone. Just the depressivenes of old age kicking in.

Finally, I rang my folks up yesterday to ask them how they were doing. For about 1 minute and 30 seconds I listened to what they had to say. They attributed their sluggishness in geting back to normal activity to rain, cold weather, old age and what not. Finally I had enough. I asked them to get a sweater and go for a walk when it was dry.

That did it. My father got so pissed that he said. 'Yeah, we'll try. So long. Bye.' And then he hung up of course. The phone conversation ended at 1 minute 41 seconds.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...