Slumber before the second date

It has been exactly 1 million, 23 crore, 65 lakh, 43, 943 days since I had an afternoon nap like this. Of course, I'm lying. I'm exaggerating that too. But it seems like it has been an eternity. The whole day at the OT didn't actually materialize. Instead I was free by afternoon. I wanted to go for a movie. I had plans to go for a date with Victor. I had a plan to go to my apartment and sort things out with Xander.



Eventually, nothing happened. About 50 seconds into the the first half of the Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring, I fell into a deep slumber. I got up about 5 hours after. One of my seniors was found to be knocking on my door. He wanted my computer to help format his HD.



I took a shower and then went to the ward. I* was putting on formals as I just wanted to try them out with Victor. I had promised Victor that I would meet him late night. I tried best to finish off the work in the wards. But that didn't happen. Instead, with pending work, I decided head to Colaba, our meeting place. I had to have dinner as well. There was the second ODI between India and West Indies going on live in the Sports Bar next to the Regal (where we had agreed to meet). I went to the Barista's next door and had my favorite dessert 'Dark Temptation' along with a large capuccino. Plus of course, 4 glasses of water. I felt full.



Half-expecting guards to deny me permission to enter the Sports bar because of lack of space, I go. I am absolutely surprised to find lots of vacant spaces. I choose a double table and ask the waiter to get the menu. While going through the menu, I decide to give Victor a message. As I was typing, I realize that he's standing in front of me. I'm surprised and glad that he's there after all.



He looked as cute has he looked the other day. With a welcoming smile. We shift to a more comfortable couch. Over the loud music, we talk. Rather, I talk. About my life. As usual, my mouth cannot just zip up. In between we order for mugs of beer. We also talk about Xander and his journey. We don't try to make out. In fact he asks me if it would be embarassing for me if he kissed me. A tough question. Well, I should say 'no'. But I would still say no to the kiss because it would create problems.



After the drink, we walk to the Gateway. There we talk for some more time. He lights up a cigarette. I surely don't want him to smoke. But I can't stress my point enough. I guess he'll realize that when he reads this.



We don't share a parting kiss. I drive back to the hospital. No emotional upsets. Everything is balanced. That's great.



Later on, I complete the boring paper work watching the rest of the match. As I watch Yuvraj getting bowled by Dwayne Bravo in what became the last ball of the match, the clock showed 4.15 AM. I had just finished my work. I come back to room and learn 'George Michael's' 'Careless Whispers' chords.



That is quite strange. George Michael is fine. But Careless Whispers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will miss u

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...