An oh so near perfect day

Yesterday night, I had gone to the room thinking that the strike had just made my life turn the corner leading itself into more self-assurance and in-control feel from the desparate aimlessness my life was meandering with. To confirm my feelings, I took a shower and went down to eat my dinner while I listened to music and read a 'mini-novel' "Eat Cake". Actually, I'd started the novel during the strike.



Today morning, things went SO to plan that I thought I was in firm control of my life. I got up early enough to read the newspapers. Then I went and at a lovely 'naadan' (meaning something from your home) breakfast at the new Mallu restaurant. I reached in time for the OPD. That too, much earlier than the others.



The confidence filtered into my interaction with the patients as well. I noticed that I was not paying too much attention for elderly male patients as well. Then, after the OPD, I decided to take a chance and eat another 'naadan' meal - a full blown lunch with rice, fish, beef et al.



That too went so well that, I got back to my emergency 10 minutes early and could find time to change to scrubs before my duty time. That was just plain awesome!



But then, I realized that nothing's perfect. Not even myself. Or my life.



While I was changing, I realized that my wallet was missing. Because of the reassured phase, I didn't panic. I thought I had left it in my room where I had gone to freshen up after the meal when I had last used my wallet. I sent my colleague to check it up. He returned around an hour back with the sad news. It was actually missing.



I decided to go and search myself. I took a brief time-out and went to my room, then to my hotel and then back. It was not to be found. Finally, I felt bad. When I realize that I have been pickpocketed from my jeans pant, I should feel bad. Right?



Anyways, I informed my sister. I got the cards blocked (alas, I lost two Debit cards). But the worst thing was the driving licence. I had lost the new one issued hardly 3 months back before which, my wallet was stolen from inside the hospital.



Although I recovered, I still feel that I was slightly careless to not pick someone pickpocketing. I'll have to set aside the fiancial (around 2K) and mental trauma and get on with it.



I actually did that and worked well in emgrgency. I sincerely hope to never lose a wallet in the future. Never!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...