A break to watch the Oscars

Today, I took a break from my routine for the past 11 days. I wanted to so badly all these days. The difference today was that the computer and the internet was down at the office where we do our 'strike work'.



Although I wanted to watch 'Capote' more than anything else (I found another reason for me to watch that - I learnt that the protagonist was gay), I was disappointed to know that it was off the mumbai screens. But there was 'Crash' in Regal at Noon. I went with my present room partner and Dr. P (the last guy who I came out to).



'Crash' was simply awesome! I mean, nothing to say. From start to end - breath taking. The plot and the characters were woven intricately that it reminded me of 'Pulp Fiction'. The best part for me was the part almost at the ending where two beautiful songs stole all my attention away. The first one was sung by a lady (I'm yet to figure out/find the name and singer/songwriter). The voice so powerful, it almost left me wondering why there should be anything more beautiful than music in this world. The second one was the Stereophonics song "Maybe tomorrow".



Although I went to see one, I couldn't resist the second one which was up next - 'Brokeback Mountain'. It should appeal me for obvious reasons. But again, it was really beautiful. The second part was just awesome. The best part was the phone conversation in which... aargh, I'm not going to spoil it for all of you queers!



A great day anyway. And I think we might end the strike today!

1 comment:

Kris Bass said...

Yeah, I agree with you. Crash is better. But the kind of feelings of separation that BrokeBack has.. I can so relate to that. That's why!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...