Great Republic day

Republic day meant that I slept till 10 AM. I took a shower and came to the ward and finished up most of the important things before the 'he-bitch' came. He took a prolonged round but still I managed to finish urgent stuff so that I could make it to the apartment. It had been some time since I visited Xander.



On the way I did some small errands and also bought some snacks for filling our tummies. At the apartment I found Xander's new television stand and the aquarium he had bought recently. The TV stand looked expensive but I didn't bother to ask how much.



After some munches on the 'Vada paav's that I had brought, we started jamming. Xander was into AC-DC's 'Back in Black'. We tried two songs from the album. It sounded good. But even better was about to come.



I wanted to play 'Stars' by Switchfoot. I looked up the bass and guitar tab for the song on ma moh-bile and we ripped it. Whoa! The bass line is awesome. I felt so good learning something good and new.



Apart from the fact that we jammed with Xander doing the vocals almost perfectly, there was one funny thing that I have to mention. Xander repeatedly asked me to first learn and then play the bass line along with the song. I felt that he was trying to see if I was still good enough for the band thing. Not that he was looking for other options. But somehow it made me feel that my busy schedule which prevents me from going there frequently made him feel that I have lost interest. That's why he was so curious to see if really played it the way I felt I wanted to.



Whatever, it was heavenly. I felt good. So did Xander.



On my way back, I bought a wonderful ash colored Nike full sleeved T-shirt. I thought I looked good in that.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...