I Rock Day XX - Day 2

I finally got Xander back on his feet with all the pills that I could lay my hands upon and excessive coaxing that I could muster up. He agreed to come to the gig on day 2. This day we started out in a cab which. It felt like eons to reach to the show (Lesson No. 1 in Mumbai - if you know how to get in and out of Suburban Trains, never ever use road to travel).



When we reached bands had already started playing. The out of the new bands, Demonic Resurrection and PDV sounded out of the world. Although I must admit that PDV's vocalist left a lot to be desired as compared to the instrumentalists, their bass and drums sounded awesome. I was so impressed that I went and talked to the bassist and the drummer. Interestingly enough, the drummer also plays in three other bands! Whoa!



Xander, I came to know, was not interested in laying the foundations for contacts in the Mumbai rock circuit. He thinks that we are too early to do this. But I think that it is worth it.



I went out to eat lovely pork and lamb with Xander at his favoritest restaurant in Mumbai - Oasis (Andheri). On the way back I did something that I have always dreamed of doing - ridiing in a car listening to good music. Of course, I was in a cab and we had Go 92.5 FM dishing out hit after hit.



Nice day. First of all, I got another off day from hospital. I'm so darned lucky! Then I hung out with Xander and played some riffs. Then I Rock XX. And then the food. And then the ride back home! Fundastic!



I came back to the hospital late. I could'nt sleep cuz of bedbugs, newspapers and other reasons. I'm going to have to find some time to sleep sometime later today.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...