Hopes and expectations with fear and despair

The title of this posts looks and sound weird. That is because of the emotional rainbow that I went through the whole day.



Hopes and expectations first. Fear and despair next.






    • It typified the period in the early morning when I tried to put in extra effort to be alert in the OT.
    • I felt sleepy again. I got ridiculed again. My guide asked me if I was interested in Orthopaedics at all.



    • During the time period between noon and early afternoon, I hoped to get out early so that I could reach I Rock early.
    • One of my cases got delayed beyond the expectations. Then I was asked to take X-rays for all the patients. All this when everyone around must have known how important it was for me to go to I Rock.



    • When I called Xander to ask if he was coming or not.
    • Xander said that he had work. I even suspected that he was just getting back at the fact that I always act busy.





    • When I finally caught a fast train to Andheri while running about 200 metres through the crowded Dadar station.
    • I couldn't get out at Andheri. I had to go all the way to Borivali, come back, get in a rick, get stuck in a rick and then reach the venue by 8. Late by two hours. But later by an hour as compared to the possibility of getting down at Andheri in town. I missed three news bands in the competition. That included 'Vertigo' which eventually won.<



Whatever it was, I went and stood in the front just next to the barricade and rocked. Most of the show was awesome. Helga's Fun Castle rocked thus reaffirming my earlier views on them. Zero's PSP 12" brought a pre-orgasm to me. Vayu's guitars and the oldie covers rocked as well. I bought some new CDs from Indi Rock bands as well.



But even better was the fact that I went and met the bassist of Zero. He looked genuinely interested in a conversation with me. I got his e-mail ID as well.



Then came the disappointment again. I called up Xander to realize that he is having fever again - must be a Malarial relapse. I went back the hospital to get medications and the paraphernalia for collecting blood samples etc.



I reached our apartment at around 1 AM in the night to find Xander okay. There were Xander's friends as well as his neighbor from his native place. We chatted for a bit. After which, I started the work of getting all the Indi Rock bands on the Zen Micro.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...