The Sheraton

One of my patients which I have to give a dressing regularly, is a young male with paralyisis of both lower limbs. He has a bed sore which is healing due to intensive care given by our doctors. He has had two back surgeries and is in a general state of depression. That is quite expected in such a case I guess.



So, I have read these stories about doctors cheering up patients by asking them to go out and enjoy the fresh air outside and stuff. I wanted to do something of that sort. I wanted to do something like the doctor who convinced a dying patient that he won't die until the last leaf of a dying plant seen through the window would fall. Of course, he then went on to paint a leaf on the window on the night the leaf had fallen. The patient gets back to health at the end of the pleasant story.



I hope you get the point. So what should I do? I love the Sheraton hotel in the neighborhood for its awesome views. This patient's room had a window through wich you had a fantastic diagonally side on view of the Sheraton. After tonight's dressing, I personally moved the cot of the patient so that he could watch it. The grumpy patient said he enjoyed it after it was over and done with. I had a hint of satisfaction and pride after the deed.



But seriously, the Sheraton is awesome! I'll try to get a photo sometime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog is well written. Dont't stop. Maybe you can make a comment about my orange county obesity surgery related blog.

Kris Bass said...

Thanks! And I won't stop! I'll try to give my two cents. Not today, but later!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...