The question and the answer

As I've told you, there is a very obvious M&M couple in our hospital. One among them is a servant and the other a paid caretaker for patients. So, today evening I was dressing a wound in a patient the ward were this couple hang out. This servant was helping me with the dressing. He had just come for work and was wearing a bright blue/white sweat shirt which was so gay. As I was chatting with him, he was displaying the whole repertoire of feminine gestures and stuff. Then, all of a sudden, an unintentional but brilliant question came from me.



I asked 'Where is N.? Is he not there?'.



Immediately, the relative with the patient, a 16 year old teen gave me a worried anxious look. The servant seemed embarassed for a moment but regained composure immediately by saying 'He's not there. That's why I'm so depressed.'



I enjoyed the moment. That was the stark reality. People knew about the couple but still they didn't adore them going about like they are. And the couple is still fine with what the people had to offer them.



I hope to get them both on to a pride march in the future. And by the way, I wanted to badly be in a pride march in Mumbai. I hope I get a chance in the near future.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...