Mosh Mania!

Wow! What an experience. To start off I didn't even know if I would get to go watch Mosh Mania; touted as one of the biggest desi rock concerts this year. Finally I got permission. But, Alex wasn't traceable. That was a disappointment in itself. But I decided to make it anyway because I wanted to badly be part of the rock-revolution that seems to be happening in Mumbai.



I reached the venue on time and was sort of awestruck to the amazing regularity of clothese with which the crowd chose to wear for the event. Almost every one was wearing a Black T-shirt with names like Metallica, Slayer, Panteral, Slipknot, Zero, Pin Drop Violence, Sceptre written. I was very relieved to get my ticket without problems.



I was disappointed initially because the event started out more than an hour late. But I heard two of the bands practicing and I was immediately impressed by the professionalism, especially in the drum department.



Finally, they let us in. I should put it more correctly as 'we forced our way in'. I hurried to get to the front and I was able to stand right on the front row just next to the barricade. I must have got lucky. I was able to watch all the equipment and all the particulars with regard to playing.



Now for the actual reviews - short, crispy ones.




  • Helga's fun castle - Band with the best future I suppose. They sounded good even with on-stage problems and aren't afraid to experiment. I loved the funk song.
  • Sceptre - Good stage presence. Very tight. But very very lame way of having covers and covers and more covers. They aren't looking for melody I guess.
  • Them Clones - Their covers were well chosen and well performed. But their originals lacked punch. And they dared to cover Rage and especially Tom Morello. Hell, you can't even come close to Tom.
  • Pin Drop Violence - Awesome stage-act. But like Xander had warned me, too much of non-melody thrash metal. I liked the attitude of the band and especially the leftie guitarist.
  • Zero - had the best sounding set and looked like the band which had established themselves. I was amazed to see HFC's vocalist being the drummer of Zero. PSP 12" was amazing!
  • Pentagram - sounded like shit. Did shit. Don't worth writing about.

I loved the experience. Bought 4 CDs and listened to them in the night itself.



Why? After all this, I'm pretty sure that me and Alex can match these bands in songwriting at least.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...