A typical working day here

You must be wondering how I get time to maintain my blog. That is by devilishly ingenious tactics. Every week, I have a dentist appointment. That is about half an hour from my college. I take permission for that and in the time I get I manage to browse at a cafe nearby. I'm actually blogging from there. It is high speed and is fun.



So, why am I not supposed to get any free time? Not because there is so much of work to do. But cuz it is so unorganized, disjointed and chaotic. Here, get this.




  • 0600 - Alarm. Hardly get up. Daily routines over the day before's or the day to day before's newspaper. Don't manage to shit properly cuz the Prof is supposed to arrive at 0700.


  • 0645 - After a tea a couple of cookies and after palcing an order for a usual breakfast (3 Bread + Butter + Jam sandwiches, 2 eggs and a glass of milk), I go to my ward and start doing my work. I start doing a lot of silly things to make the ward appear perfectly managed (which it isn't). This is to save my registrar's ass basically. This is conveniently called 'Prep up ward'.
  • 0730 - Almost finish ward work. Wait for the Professor to arrive and in the meanwhile do so many silly things because the system in my hospital in general is so fucked up.
  • 0754 to 0748 - I swallow whatever I'm supposed to eat all the while thinking that the round might happen when I'm eating and I'll get screwed. No. For me that would be pleasurable. I'll have to do cunnilingus on a bad smelling lass.
  • 0830 - One senior arrives. Says that the rounds will start in 10 minutes.
  • 0930 - Nothing happens. I have stay in ward.
  • 1030 - A call from another ward. Round is about to start there. I prep patients up once more.
  • 1145 - Round finally happens. Prof isn't there. Just a lecturer.
  • 1150 - Round over. Nothing serious happens. Everyone retreats to the office where they seniors hang out.


  • 1200 - I'm called to collect the X-rays, MRI scans from 3 different wards and get them to the office.
  • 1213 - A senior gives me a missed call on my mobile phone. I have to call him back. He says get a cartridge for the printer from somewhere. Bring it to the office.
  • 1224 - I reach the ward to note that two patient's whose Xrays needed to be taken have not gone for them cuz there aren't any relatives to accompany them.
  • 1229 - I get all the Xrays and stuff upstairs.
  • 1240 to 1340 - Numerous calls. Plenty of ordering over the phone. Get this. Get that. Do this. Do that. Been there. Done that. Ooops, that's not there.
  • 1345 - Rush to the OPD and start seeing patients there on a hungry stomach. I am drowsy because of sleep deprivation. I wish for a hot looking man to arrive so that I can examine him thoroughly. No, I don't do that. I've gone close twice though.
  • 1656 - On the way back I grab what I can of a LuPper (Lu(nch) + S(Upper)). I go to room to freshen up.
  • 1750 - Then I wait for the evening round to start up soon. I do my ward work. Again about 2 hours at the max. But am interrupted my numerous calls asking me to do this that. Also a lot of time is wasted in attending to non-specific calls.
  • 2030 - A senior comes and takes a mock evening round. Nothing much. New jobs get added up on my list.
  • 2144 - Registrar makes his way. Orders me to get fresh Xrays of three patients. And to do a lot of things which will naturally stretch my working period to around 12 AM.
  • 2250 - Another registrar calls and asks me to complete some computer typing/paper work for him. I can't say no.
  • 2345 - While completing my ward work, I fall asleep multiple times. I mess up something or the other.
  • 0040 - I go do the paper/computer work.
  • 0140 - I'm heading to the room. I order dinner from the mess. It takes about 20 minutes to get prepared. Meanwhile I put my clothes for washing.
  • 0220 - I star washing my clothes. Don't have too much of patience.
  • 0240 - I sleep. Only to fear for another late awakening.


I hope you are getting how chaotic and messed up the work is here. That is why I don't get time.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...