The not-so-good parts

Life in Mumbai while being a resident in a government medical college is not without bad things. Bad things that I really feel that I shouldn't be subjected to. I'll write a bit about those.



Every morning, I'm having to eat a particular snack/breakfast (specific to Mumbai I guess) called Bun Muska. Well, it is actually prononced as 'Ban Maska'. It is nothing but a regular Bun which is sliced and butter is put inside. I love it. There isn't anything else at that time in the morning which is good to eat and available in a jiffy. Ergo, I eat three of those with a cup ot tea as breakfast.



On most days, I carry with myself 2 - 4 sandwiches made up of Butter and Mixed fruit jam. That keeps my hunger at bay. It really helps in doing my work without much of a problem.



Add to it, I eat Unhealthy food during dinner. Sometimes I end up eating a couple of eggs and masala/chicken dishes with a lot of oil.



I guess you are getting to what I'm getting at. To add another layer of fat_tummy_lard into it, I don't get time to sleep, forget exercise. What does it all lead to? I'm getting out of shape. Not that I'm putting on weight on my waistline, but it is not looking good. And my arms are starting to look like those of a cockroach (after you shave them that is).



Muahhaha... I don't like it. But having said that, there is no shit that can be done about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually thats written "Brun Maska" in some old parsi restaurants.
And well for me its a gr8 way to start off witha typical chai (maybe coz i like all things with a parsi flavour since last few months :P)
But other than that in bombay u can have what u want from the humble(and at the same time mighty)Vada Pau to our Wada sambhar at each corner y limit to the Bun!Cheers
Zeus

Kris Bass said...

Yeah, it is actually one of the best things here in Mumbai. To start the day off with a 'Bun Maska' and a 'cutting' chai... something incomparable!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...