Movies this past week

I watched three movies this week. All DVDs on my computer. They were so fucken different in all respects. I'll just trying to act as if I'm a stinking overpaid critic of a glossy film magazine here by writing my personal reviews. I must warn you that the films are numbered according to the order that I started watching them.



1 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets




  • Story - awful
  • Acting - awful
  • Animation - awful


Actually, I couldn't watch the whole movie. I swear I tried hard. But it is almost impossible. Especially the kid who plays Mr. Potter's best friend role. He has early must have a juvenile variant of Parkinson's - fixed surprised/scared expression all throughout the movie.



2 - Finding Nemo




  • Story - aweseome
  • Animation - awesome
  • Screenplay - awesomer
  • Voice-over - great
  • Fun - lots


Unlike the retro-disney films, Pixar films like Toy Story, Finding Nemo and the recently released The Incredibles have the cool, spunky attitude. I hate the regular Disney films like The Lion King and Aladdin etc. I firmly believe that they are meant only for kids under the age of 1 year and 2 months & for those demented persons about 87 years of age.



3 - Fahrenheit 9/11




  • Theme - very very relevant
  • Punch - refined, calculated mockery
  • Editing - could have been better
  • Director - Love Michael Moore


The first 1 hour or so of the movie is really good to watch. But enter the Average-American-Family-Son-Who-Joined-The-Military-And-Died-In-War part, it is boring. For an foreigner like me, I think that part is a little over highlighted. But Mr. Moore must have intended the movie for an Average-American-Family-Man. Ergo, it is fine.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...