Help me someone!

I got insulted by my chief. Well not directly, but indirectly. In front of the whole class in the morning. I'll need to explain it.



There is an area at the back of the hand which is referred to as the 'coin area' of the hand in textbooks of Orthopaedics and neurology. It is the area of the back of the hand at the base of the thumb, 2nd and 3rd fingers which becomes prominent on making a fist or a thumbs up gesture. If you want to know the medical relevance, it is the area supplied solely by a nerve of the upper limb called Radial Nerve.



I am interested in the derivations of such names. I think that it is derived from the fact that it is the area of the hand which is used to catch the coin during a flip (or a toss).



Today, in the class, he said that 'someone' had this mistaken stupid notion. Now I want to prove him wrong.



I'm very desparate. I tried to search the Encyclopaedia Britannica at the local library. Nothing was there in there. In the internet, I found just two pages -





Can someone find if my belief is true. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who came up with the answer.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...