Big day

If I didn't tell you guys yet, I bought 4 beauties in the past 2 weeks.




  • An Electric Guitar
  • A Guitar Processor
  • A Guitar amp
  • A Bass amp


Of these, the latter two were sent over courier to my home. The courier company screwed up so much it took about 11 days for it to reach me from another part of the nation which is about 2 hours by flight, 36 hours by train and 48 hours by road from my place.



But it arrived anyway. That was yesterday! I was so damn inspired that I changed an entire living room on the first floor of my home to a mini studio. I was so excited that I made a decent guitar stand (which can hold 4 guitars) from materials found around the house. That is SO unlike me. I mean, I have never been able to 'make' anything like those (made using the teleshopping appliances that you would use in a home workshop) in TV.



Today, I finally got my bass guitar back from my friend S. who had taken it away for a gig. He is still as unreliable as he ever was; the actual date for the supposed return was 21st of December - a good 11 days off!



Eventually, we managed to jam. And everything sounded cool! I'm very happy. And inspired - to write songs that is.



As a start, I've written a very angst-ridden poem. Review it for me, would you? I want to know if it is really shitty or not.




A world full of lies

I could look at your face and
Tell how long I have hated you
And leave you feeling dazed
But that would be too easy on you

I could wipe the dust of the pane and
Show you what what lies inside the
Deceptive shell of trust
But that would be too hard on me

But I can't do anything
To wash out the dirt that's inside
And I can't do anything
I am burning, burning from inside

I could list all of the lies you said
And still be short of breath
But why are we wasting time
On something that was so easy for you

I could have seen through the veil of deception
That you were wearing all through out
But is there a point in all this
if I can't help me cure myself

As I can't do anything
To wash out the dirt that's inside
And I can't do anything
I'm still burning, burning from inside

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...