Velvet Revolver

If I haven't told you yet, Scott Weiland is one of my favorite(st) singers. I love the Stone Temple Pilots (STP). Almost everything they have done yet.



About a few weeks back I noticed a song on the Alternative Rock station on my satellite radio which sounded so much like one made my STP. I didn't hear the DJ mention anything about STP. I thought it might be a band very good at mimicking Weiland's vocals.



About a couple of weeks back I listened to yet another song which sounded very much like Weiland was singing in it. But the guitars and the melody of the song sounded like something else. I was thinking that this was some wannabe STP band trying their best.



A couple of days back, I couldn't resist my urge to find out which this band was. I was listening to the second song mentioned above and didn't know it's name. Thanks to Google, which needs just a random line from a song's lyric to search and find out a 1000 pages about a band, I found the band out. It was termed Velvet Revolver.



Okay, so what? I went to their website. I personally thought the site was a lot of bullshit. More showbiz than actual content. I lost interest in the band immediately and was about to click the X button on the right top corner of the window when I saw 'Weiland' on the site somewhere. I almost fell out of my chair!



Somehow I managed to climb back and resumed reading. The line on top of a particular page read - Lead Vocals - Scott Weiland. That was enough for a surprise. Scott Weiland was performing in another band. That is why it was sounding different.



Then I was I almost convulsed when I saw another name - Lead Guitar - Slash!



Yes, Weiland had split off from the STP. After Axl Rose's departure from G 'n R, the band members had caught the priceless prize scalp in Weiland! And the team were already out with a record!



I'm overwhelmed with surprise and bitter disappointment. I SO want STP to make new material. But on the bright side, Weiland is not being wasted in a rehab center. Even if it is with a boring metal band as G 'n R.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...