Me and Xander - Part 2

Here's the continuation the story of my relationship with Xander. Read Part 1 here.


About a week later, Xander came visited me at home. I could clearly make out the change within him. Now he was more interested in Grunge and Alternative Rock and he was much better at playing the guitar. He said he wanted to learn more guitaring from me. I taught him the basics of chords and guitar theory. He seemed to pick it up very easily. In a week's time, he was playing stuff like Creed and Godsmack.



We also tried jamming and recording some songs. I still remember one splendid cover version of 'My Sacrifice' by Creed that we did. It sounded so professional. After listening to it, we couldn't believe ourselves. That is about the time that we seriously started thinking about making a band.



About this time, I was almost done with my Internship. There was a convocation ceremony and I really wanted to do a show at college. The line up I had planned was like this. Xander on vocals, S. on the drums, Ross (if I haven't introduced him yet, he my 'guru' in guitaring) on the guitars and myself on the bass.



I and Xander did our practice very well. The other two promised to make it at the show. But in the last minute, S. had to withdraw. But we still managed to do an acoustic set of four songs. Xander was just astounding! Everyone at the venue was awestruck by his voice! Even my Mom and Dad, who were not at all interested in Rock music, were impressed!



After this show, Xander started practicing even harder. I was getting busy with my preps for the pre-residency exams. About three months later, Xander rang me up and invited me for something huge - a recording session for an album! I was thrilled but at the same time unsure if I could get enough free time as my studies were much more important at that time. I was scared to explain this to Xander.



I went for a couple of practice sessions but about three days from the actual recording, I called Xander up and told him that I wouldn't be able to make it. He said it was okay but obviously he was very disappointed. In fact he was totally in rage!



About a month later, Xander called me and asked me if I wanted a copy of the record. (The record had 4 originals and 5 covers). I said yes. Finally he brought me a copy of the record. I loved one of the originals. It was only one week later that I realized that there was a song in the record with plenty of hatred against a doc who turned his back on a friend. I'd realized my mistake and didn't make it an issue.

I'll continue it later!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...