Finally...

Yes. I'm going to break the big news concerning chuck. Brace yourself...



Chuck is going to get married soon! If you remember, I covered for Chuck because he had to leave for some place in an emergency. He had indeed gone to check out the girl.



For those of you who cannot make sense of what I meant by the phrase 'check out the girl', remind yourself that I live in India where arranged marriages are still considered as the rule. And this is how an arranged marriage would go.



The father and mother of the man/woman would consider matrimonial sections from newspapers, magazines, internet etc. From these sources, they would take the horoscopes of both the sides and compare. In the case of a match, they would enquire about each others' family background. If they find it alright, the parents would talk over on the phone. Finally if they seem to be okay to each other, they (the parents) plan to meet. If the sets of parents don't mind each other too much, they would eventually arrange for a meeting of the man and woman who would be marrying. This is the function that I meant by checking out.



Back to Chuck; he liked the girl. The two sides like each other. Therefore, his marriage is almost fixed. All it needs is an official engagement ceremony to fix it officially.



He had broken this news to me on the day before he went. Now, most of our close friends know it. And that is why I'm able to tell you.



If you want to know how I feel about it. Umm, I don't know. Really. First of all, I don't believe in arranged marriages. Then about kinda losing a friend, or at least the prospect of losing out on some quality friends-time with Chuck is saddening. But I think I should be happy for Chuck. Chuck is happy because he wants his parents to be happy. Therefore, he doesn't mind getting married even though, personally, he would want to marry only after he finishes his residency.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...