Meeting with J

Yesterday, I realized how lopsided a day can be.



After about 2 years worth of waiting, I met my dear friend J. To put you in track, J had scared me to near death when he wrote a mail with contents as dark as a black hole which suggested that he was in clinical depression and needed help. Since then, he has explained that he just was in a bad mood that day when he wrote the mail. When I met and heard his version of the story, I finally breathed a sigh of relief. He was not going to do anything drastic at least. The two major problems with him are that he doesn't have a good friend who 'connects' with him and he is not sure whether his career is in the right direction.



I was even happier when he patiently listened to what I have been upto in the last 2 years. That includes my 'coming out' bit to my friends and the relationship with Mr. Lion etc. It was special because J was the first person ever that I came out to. I was overjoyingly surprised when I heard from his mouth that he is a bisexual. He has had a lot of experience with men and he enjoys sex with men. Wow! Now I have Ray, J and Mr. Lion who I know in personal life who enjoy sex with men. Nice gang!



We actually discussed over a couple of beers at a pub. Remember that I don't enjoy drinking. But I had to give him company.



To the bad part of the day. It is related to my work at the hospital. Most of the residents working along in my unit are mostly lazy, selfish jerks. Yesterday, when a young patient was shifted to the ICU after a complication, the residents were supposed to take turns monitoring him. And as I expected, no one turned up. I felt so bad about it that I visited the ICU when I got some free time as J was getting freshened up at home. At the ICU, the Anaesthetists in charge of the ICU fired me and said that some resident should be there with the patient always. I said that I can't come until midnight because of personal reasons (meeting with J). He thought that I was lying; making an alibi for not wanting to montior.



Anyway, I went just after midnight and did the monitoring. I couldn't sleep at all and now I'm typing this at 11 AM in the morning, just after returning back from the hospital after a creepy resident relieved me. Even worser was when the rest of the residents put today's turns like this; three residents have 4 hour duties in the morning. And I, the non-working voluntary trainee who doesn't even need to take duties at all, got a no-shut-eye 12 hour night shift. And when I asked back if this was fair, the reply came; 'Fair, what fair? What do you mean?'



Things can't be more depressing. No, you are wrong. They can be. Just to highlight the fact that I get forgotten way too much; I helped an Anaesthetic resident to do a procedure on the same patient yesterday morning. Had to spend about half an hour with him. When I returned in the evening, and asked the same resident, he just shooed me away thinking that that I was a by-stander to the patient and not a member of staff.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...