Castle without a rock

I've made another song. No, this isn't what I wrote when I was at the hospital. This is another one. The one which I promised you a week back was discarded as my friend, with whom I co-wrote 'Castle without a rock', thought that it was ridiculous.



So much for my initial rating for the poem. I thought that it was definitely better than living your dream. But apparently, it was way too sad and directly pointed to my life at the hospital that my friend suggested me to start working on a new song.



By the way, this friend (who I will refer to as S. M. P.) was the first person I jammed with. Ever. He is a drummer. This is the first song which we are writing together.



Personally, I feel the lyrics are okay good. But I felt that it was sort of rushed up. The music, which I have recorded didn't turn out to be too good; basically because the recording wasn't good. Anyway, you get to check out the poem at the bottom and the rough draft right here. Hope to hear comments about it soon.



(PS: If you have problems in downloading the mp3, try pasting this to your browser address bar directly: http://mctvm96_1.tripod.com/untitled/castle_without_a_rock.mp3)

Castle Without A Rock


It was the turn of the year

We were trying to find our feet

Without the slightest sign of fear

Thinking hey, we can't be beat



Beneath the lights glowing bright

Our eyes must have shone like stars

(This was) the way it would be

Yes, we were so sure, but we were wrong



The ray of joy, got us blinking in it's glare, straining our eyes

Thought we were happy, lost we might've been, we realize



In the long strides

full of pride (Would we wake up?)

Now we try

try to fly (Would we wake up?)



A few years have passed by but

Our dreams are not all lost

The little flame still dances to the

wind of mellowed hopes



It's a day, it's oh so bright

And we are trying to get it right

Not afraid, but aware

of ourselves and of what we can



Trying in vain to build a castle, without a rock

Lost in the grey of a weeping dusk, hope we are not



In the long strides

full of pride (Would we wake up?)

Now we try

try to fly (Would we wake up?)

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...