A get-together which wasn't horrible

My mother retired voluntarily from serving the Central Government for over 40 years yesterday. She was an employee of Department of Posts. There was an official sending off function at the office and a lot of her colleagues gave her a farewell accompanying her home. She, as I can understand very well, was very touchy about this. This was probably one of the moments in her humble career-one in which she had to sacrifice promotions for staying with her family. She used to be considered as a trust-worthy, reliable, efficient person at her office; almost the exact opposite to what she was in her family's eyes. Apart from this, I know how a work environment can liberate oneself from the limitations imposed by the family structure. I knew my mother enjoyed working immensely. But as she was tiring, she had to compromise on that to enjoy a quiet retired life.



Anyway, the point that I'm trying to make is that I knew how important this was to her. And that is why I did my level best to get everything ready for the guests. I spent almost all day doing that hoping to make her feel really good about it all. And it worked! And I'm happy; maybe even proud!



Apart from her colleagues, almost everyone from my father's side of the family came for the function. Some even got her gifts! You should have seen the thrilled look on her face when she opened up the package with the Mysore Silk Saree, an expensive one, which my sister and in-laws had sent! Everything was so bright and happy! One any other day, this kind of get-together could have been one of my nightmares-I would get stuck in these pointless arguments with my relatives about topics such as religion and marriage. But it wasn't in the end! It was actually fun! I enjoyed being the "nu" Me; somone who is mature enough, and matured enough in the eyes of others, to not be tampered with in his concepts about various issues. Would you believe that I actually enjoyed recording the new mallu hit "Lajjavathiye" with me on the guitar and my cousins on vocals?! This remarkable step in my musical career can be looked at as a deterioration in the quality of music that I play. Or maybe just expanding one's own horizons. I take the second.



I never want to get too serious about anything in life, at least for a prolonged period of time. That is why I'm giving you this piece of info about the origin of the "Man with the Moustache". I adore men with moustaches; they are the sensitive stimuli for my Gaydar. But this one's actually a bit too straight for my pleasure. But it's fun!



The origin of "Man with a Moustache" - straight version Posted by Hello

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...