Issues

It always feels nice to salvage a day which begins like a disaster. After missing jogging in the morning and going out with a friend, I thought I'd be down and out all day. Despite realizing that I was cheated by my DVD rental store by being handed over half of the full "Ben Hur", I enjoyed what I could see in the movie. I must admit that half the time I was admiring Robert Brown, the sailor chief, who adopts Ben Hur as his son. Acting was great and the script interesting.



Then, I started on a new song called "Promises". I'll give the lyrics at the bottom of this passage. In this song, I'm trying to venture out to increase the my musical spectrum by putting in some Harmonica (for the first time!). I'm already into the melody but am not getting great ideas for the verse as of now.



I'm fighting a couple of issues with my personal life at present. I must confess that I have found a great friend. Right know, he knows more about me more than anyone else at present. I have to make a couple of very important decisions in the next two days and I hope they will be wise.



"Promises"

Why does one promise so often
Only to keep some, the rest left broken
A word which is used without the knowledge
Of it's actual power, Oh what we pledge

If making someone happy is your aim
It makes sense to decide, before you proclaim
What to say and when to do without letting
Anyone get hurt by you forgetting

Your promises
The near misses
Your promises
The death kisses

Never let them call you and remind you
Of what you said and what was due
Your discretion would save you
From all the shadows standing in queue

I can understand why you make those
Mistakes from which, oh it was so close
Go on and get a grip of what you say
Or you might find yourself in the grey of

Your Promises
The near misses
Your Promises
The death kisses

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...