Two Great Movies

I went through the second half of the topsy-turvy "Pulp Fiction" to start off the day. Wow, what a movie! Great ending and it's very funny in a grave sense. But, as I have posted in another forum somewhere else on the internet, I thought the F-word and the graphic violence were accentuated to levels which ended up tainting the movie. As I began searching online for great movies to watch, I stumbled upon JRR Tolkien's epic; Lord of the Rings. A few days back my dear friend, who's is an avid reader, suggested that I should read the book before I watched the movies.



I was very anxious to get my hands on the book and had to hurry through my chores to get to the library. I got the paperback monster of the book of the "trilogy" (which actually it isn't. It's supposed to be six books and indices). I visited my friend wearing the short-shirt which he had bought me from Delhi. I love the shirt. But, there is a slight problem which is confusing. The two halves of the shirt are not of equal length. The right half of the shirt is half an inch longer than it's counterpart. Is this some kind of a new fashion statement?



Anyway, I went to the DVD rental shop and got myself "Ben Hur". I read up about the movie online and I hope to be as thrilled as the reviews suggest. But to my disappointment, the DVD is not original. Picture and Sound qualities are far from perfect.



In the night, I watched the wonderful movie "The Hours" on TV. I really enjoyed the movie and was really touched by the amount of sadness depicted by the different roles. What really stuck out was the amount of home homophilia in the movie. There are three kissing scenes involving women only. There are two same-sex couples in the movie. Wowowowow, what's this? I never thought I would so much of 'gaydom' on Prime Timve television in India.



Things are looking really up! Or is it too early to call?

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...